Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Week One

I cannot believe that it has already been a week since I arrived in Spain! Time has been flying by; I feel like I’ve only been here for just a few days. Classes started on Monday, and luckily registration hasn’t closed because there were a couple that I didn’t really like, but the coordinators for the program are very nice and help us with any problem and I’m getting my class schedule sorted out. It’s been a little difficult because the way the classes are set up here is different from the way they are set up in the US, of course; however, I think I am up to the challenge. I’ve been getting to know my fellow Chippewas better as well as getting to know a few local students.


Now for the fun part you all have been waiting for: more pictures!!! The other night when Dolo and her friends and I walked around the city, they took me to a neighborhood called Santa Cruz, which is located on the mountain that also contains the castle called Castillo Santa Bárbara and since it’s on the mountain, it offers a lot of great views of the castle, the city and the Mediterranean Sea. Well, unfortunately I forgot my camera, plus it was dark out anyways, so I went back the other day to take some pictures; I hope you enjoy!

Since it's on a mountain, I had to walk up a lot of stairs in Santa Cruz


Castillo Santa Bárbara

Mediterranean Sea and part of the city (the blue dome belongs to the Cathedral)

A view of the city with the mountains in the background