Thursday, June 12, 2014

Exams, Packing and Tips

Today I took my last exam!!! This week has been all about exams and final papers (and a day at the beach just to relax and take a break from all of the stress). I think my exams went alright, I'm actually more worried about the final papers, but they've been turned in and there's nothing I can do about it now; I'm sure everything will be fine and that I am just worrying too much.

Wednesday, since I didn't have an exam, I went to the beach for about an hour and a half. It was the first time I swam at the Playa del Postiguet, the beach right in Alicante. I have been to Playa del Postiguet numerous times, but Wednesday I finally swam there and it was amazing; the water was the perfect temperature and I was awestruck that while swimming one can see the Castillo de Santa Bárbara.

Not a great angle, but I didn't want to bring my camera into the sea


Lights set up for Hogueras, a fesitival in Alicante similar
to the Fallas in Valencia,  which happen the week after I leave

After taking my last exam and, feeling the weight of the world lift off of my shoulders, I came home an relaxed a little and then I decided to pack since I leave on Saturday! It seems so surreal that I am leaving; I feel like I've been here for only a couple months, not nearly five. I am excited though to be going back home, but I will miss my home away from home, Alicante, a lot.


And for future students coming to Alicante, or to any other European country, I recommend obtaining a European Youth Card. With the card, called Carnet Jove in the Comunidad Valenciana, you can get discounts from transportation and museums and such, and some museums, including the Prado in Madrid, you can get in for free. To get the card you only have to pay about 8 euros at the Generalitat de Valencia in Alicante, which is the tall building at the beginning of La Rambla Méndez Núñez.


And one last tip, just lose your inhibitions and go with the flow, and your study abroad experience will hopefully be as amazing as mine.