Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just a Normal Week

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while, I've had a pretty uneventful week and a half or so and I don't really have much to talk about. I don't even have any pictures from this past week, but I promise to take some more to show all of you. However, if you want to see some pictures from Spain and the things Spain is famous for check out this link (http://www.buzzfeed.com/conzpreti/reasons-you-should-be-in-spain-right-now); it's a list from BuzzFeed of the 25 reasons you should be in Spain right now, and they are very good reasons. It's very cool, or as they say in Spain: ¡es muy chulo!

Last weekend I planned my upcoming spring break and I'm going to travel around Central Spain for a week. I'll be going to Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Ávila and El Escorial (which is a palace/monastery only 1/2 hour from Madrid). I'm super excited, however it makes it a lot harder to focus on school with a trip like this coming up, but I'm managing.

El Escorial (found via Google)

I've finally started to feel a bit homesick because I registered for my classes next fall at CMU and that got me thinking about CMU and my friends there and how much I miss them, but I got over it pretty quickly when I realized it was about 50 degrees back home and 75 degrees in Alicante.

Speaking of next fall, I was notified last week that I was accepted into the Accelerated Master's Program for Spanish!!! Starting next fall I will be able to take graduate-level classes while completing my Bachelor's and for the price of undergraduate-level classes, which cost about half as much. It's a great opportunity, not only because it costs less, but because if all goes well I should only need 1 more year of schooling in order to graduate with my Master's!

The first sentence of my acceptance e-mail